Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Creator of all - ODJ, John Carvalho
Jeremiah 10:10-16
(v.16) He is the Creator of everything that exsists.
Jeremiah 10:10-16
(v.16) He is the Creator of everything that exsists.
Man created God -- at least that is what some "experts" tell us. They believe that long ago, unenlightened, unlearned people invented the concept of God to explain the complex issues of life and death.
But that solution reflects the same oversimplified thinking that is attributed to ancient peoples. In postmodern theory, it sounds great, but throw in the account of a resurrected Jesus whose exsistence is confirmed by history and whose dead body was never found, and the situation becomes more complicated.
It certainly causes problems when the creature claims credit for being the Creator! It's the ultimate in backward reasoning. But that's exactly what has happened in a culture that refuses to acknowledge the exsitence of God. Those who refuse to see are missing out on knowing an awesome God -- one far too great to have the origins they describe.
Jeremiah addressed the problem of idolatry. Our culture's idolatry can affect us too. When materialism blinds us, we lose sight of God and focus more on ourselves. We can look at Israel's constant flirtations with false gods and wonder, "How could they turn from a powerful God to such weak false gods?" Sometimes the answer to that question is as close as our own lifestyles. We "bow down" to an assortment of material possessions, as if they give our lives worth and meaning. Its's a short step from that to believing that you control your own little world.
"Through [Jesus Christ] God created created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see -- such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through Him and for Him" (Colossians 1:16).
The above was what I came across last week Monday. I was going to have a test on that Monday but I totally forgot to study for it as I was preoccupied with slacking and blah blah blah over the weekend. So Monday morning came and I panicked. Study for the tests first before I read His words cause "its more important" - that's the human conscience thinking.
BUT!! Thank God I went to read His words first thus coming across the above passage. Really grateful that I read His words. It gave me the encouragement and confirmation that what I did was right. I put Him first. I did not make the test into my "idol". It reminded me that He is the Creator of all and is in control of everything, even my test. So I did not have to panick or get scared. Thank God for being here for me always, always, always! Yup! ^_^
So lastly..... Some random random pics of a yummy chewy soft sweet I came across. That's if you're a fruit or cola flavoured lover. Just sharing good food. Hahaha.

And the super early christmas present he gave me... HA! Like it. So surprise that it turned up at my door just now. He came by and left it outside my door. He's always leaving surprises like that. So daring that it won't get taken by other people. Haaha. Its always pleasant when he does that. And always on the days that I'm feeling stressed or down. God's work?? Nothing in life is ever a coincidence is what I believe in because He is in control and plans everything.
.jpg)
comment? (0)
.jpg)